This juice is one of my favourites, because it has pineapple in it! Did you know that this fruit is amazing for digestion? And that it contains an amazing enzyme called bromaline that is used to treat several illnesses? It is a wonderful fruit to eat in abundance and so delicious if perfectly ripe! I've mixed it with grapefruit and orange since they are all acidic fruits that combine well together. A boost of vitamin C, and lycopene, which is a phytonutrient, found in grapefruits that neutralises free radicals. Add a little bit of ginger for a punch!
GRAPEFRUIT AND PINEAPPLE JUICE
|Serves 1 litre|
- 1/2 pineapple (500-700grams)
- 1 grapefruit
- 3 oranges
STEP BY STEP:
- Peel pineapple and get rid of the core. Chop up in small cubes.
- Juice the grapefruit and oranges in a citrus juicer.
- Put the pineapple cubes into a centrifugal or masticating juicer.
- Combine both juices in a mason jar and enjoy!
- Dilute with mineral water if you want the taste to be a little lighter.
- Drink as soon as possible with a few cubes of ice for maximum enjoyment.