At home we’ve been doing this thing where we both have a huge bowl of salad each for dinner. We throw in everything and anything we can find in the fridge; courgette, cucumber, avocado, beetroot, red pepper, yellow pepper, tomato, sprouts, carrots, pomegranate, lettuce, spinach, watercress, celery, the list goes on! We use our blender to experiment with different types of dressings, trying an alternative to those made with mostly olive oil, and going crazy for things like a creamy blend of avocado, lime, and dates or as I’ll show you today an Asian style dressing (my husband’s personal favourite) using mango, one of my favourite all time fruits. This keeps our salads interesting and delicious while still super healthy and light!
As you can see in the photos, I was running a bit low on the veggie end and made this really simple but delicious courgette noodle salad with pomegranate, but you can pair the dressing with any salad of your choice!
ASIAN STYLE GREEN MANGO SALAD DRESSING
|Serves 2- 3|
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/2 ripe avocado for extra creaminess
- 1 big handful of fresh cilantro (save a few leaves to add at the end)
- 1 small handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 or 1 clove of garlic
- 2-3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp orange juice (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp of mineral water
- A bit of chilli if you like things spicy!
STEP BY STEP
- To make this dressing you will need a high speed blender to make sure the consistency is smooth seeing as most ingredients contain a lot of stringy fibre.
- Start by cutting the mango and scooping out as much of the flesh as you can. Throw it in the blender and turn it into a purée. Press it through a sieve to remove all the fibre.
- Now blend the mango purée with all the other ingredients until smooth. Chop up a few extra cilantro leaves, add them to the dressing and it is ready to be used!
- Enjoy with your favourite salad.